Experience & specialist field
- Matrimonial disputes and settlements, often requiring business and/or share valuations and tax advice
- Shareholder and partners disputes
- Loss of earnings/profits claims resulting from personal injury or medical negligence
- Theft, fraud and false accounting issues
- Professional negligence claims
- Financial services mis-selling actions
Court AttendancesHe has given expert evidence in court and at a variety of other hearings and tribunals. Chris has also had the unusual experience of acting as advocate in one complex case.
1977 - 1990
Deloitte Haskins & Sells (latterly Coopers & Lybrand Deloitte and PWC), Cardiff & Swansea. Trained with this international firm gaining experience in audit, business support services, tax and insolvency. On qualifying became part of the management team of the business support services department progressing to senior group manager.
1990 - 1994
Guilfoyle, Sage & Co., Cardiff – Partner in charge of new office of this firm with established offices in Newport and Gloucester.
1994 - date
Watts Gregory LLP, Cardiff – Partner and head of the firm's forensic accounting and expert witness services. Holds a licence to act as a responsible individual (RI) for the firm's audit work and is also accredited to undertake probate work.
Professional memberships & Qualifications
- BSc (Econ) joint honours in Accountancy & Law – University of Wales
- Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales (FCA) and Accredited Expert Witness
- Member of the Expert Witness Institute (MEWI)
- Member of The Academy of Experts (MAE) and trained by them in Expert Determination
- Affiliate member of Resolution